Application and FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Boone County Leadership Institute?
- Boone County Leadership Institute is an issues oriented leadership development program that has been designed to inform, motivate and challenge selected participants through education and interaction with community, county, and state leaders and decision makers. Boone County Leadership Institute is a program of the Harrison Regional Chamber of Commerce.
- Anyone residing in Boone County or the surrounding area may apply for admission to the program. All participants must complete a confidential application form and submit it to the Harrison Regional Chamber of Commerce no later than August 15th, 2020. Applications will be reviewed by Boone County Leadership Advisory Committee and only twenty candidates will be selected to participate each year.
- Those who are selected to participate will be people who can have an impact on the future of Harrison and the surrounding area. The selection committee will be looking for individuals who have already demonstrated leadership qualities in their careers or civic endeavors, who have an interest in community affairs, and who appear to have made a commitment to the progress of Boone County.
- The tuition for Boone County Leadership Institute is $750. The tuition includes program costs, transportation for out of town functions, some meal and break expenses. Each candidate may pay the tuition himself or his employer may pay. If a candidate requires scholarship assistance, this must be indicated on the application. All arrangements for tuition payment must be confirmed prior to August 15, 2020.
- Class participants will take part in ALL-DAY sessions that will meet once monthly starting August 2020 - April 2021. Included will be a mandatory three-day orientation session in Little Rock that will include a tour of the state capitol, governmental studies, and meeting with state officials.
- Community Leaders who were instrumental in initiating the Boone County Leadership Institute have envisioned a program that would bring together potential community leaders to learn more about Boone County and to exchange ideas. The program will also encourage the building and maintaining of networks of community leaders who know and trust each other and will offer participants from diverse backgrounds an expanded knowledge and awareness of the problems, opportunities and issues facing Boone County.
- The Boone County Leadership Institute provides opportunities for participants to meet with their peers from other fields and form friendships which benefit the community as well as their own professional and civic careers. The Boone County Leadership Institute provides a forum for its participants to continue community education and networking.
- Yes. Hundreds of communities across the United States have developed community leadership programs very similar to Boone County Leadership Institute. Some of the programs have been around for more than twenty years. There are numerous similar programs in other Arkansas cities.
- Call Bob or Wilson at the Harrison Regional Chamber of Commerce (870) 741-2659
- Or email firstname.lastname@example.org